Post-consumer recycled packaging are materials that are comprised of items recycled by consumers every day such as cardboard, paper, plastic and aluminium - basically anything we toss in our recycling bins! These items are recycled, again and again, each time taking a new form.
Post-consumer materials are so important to the health of our environment, the main benefit is keeping waste away from landfill and instead directing it toward recycling plants and giving it a second life (and a third, and a fourth, and so on!)
Continually recycling our packaging has other benefits too:
- It’s cost-effective, because we aren’t starting from scratch, and the machinery costs less to operate to clean and remold plastic than to produce it.
- Materials are readily available, because they’re everyday recyclable items we put in our bins.
- Reduces the amount of plastic ending up in our oceans, in turn protecting our precious wildlife.
- Reduces companies’ carbon footprint by limiting the amount of carbon dioxide released into the environment.
- Post-consumer plastics are derived from end products that have completed their lifecycle as a consumer product and would otherwise be thrown out.
At Green Nation Life, sustainability and good practice is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we use post-consumer recycled bottles that can be recycled again and again. And our glass vessels used for our candles can be repurposed and used as planter pots for your plantable seed dust cover. Together we can protect our planet!